There are several ways to manage your domain's DNS records.
- Shared Hosting, Reseller, and Fully Managed Dedicated Server/VPS clients can use our nameservers and control panel to manage DNS zones.
- For all other Dedicated/VPS servers, your options are:
- Install & Configure DNS service on your server
- Purchase DNS-only add-on (please contact our sales department for details)
- Use a 3rd party DNS service
- Manage DNS through your Domain Registrar (below)
Most Domain registrars allow you to manage your own DNS records. To configure this, you would want to make sure that you are using your registrar's nameservers (you will need to obtain this information from your registrar) and then you can configure DNS records through your domain registrar directly.
In most cases, you will want to have two "A" Records: one pointing your domain to your IP address (i.e. - example.com) and one A record named "www" also pointing to the same IP address.
You can also configure "MX" records (Mail Records) at your domain registrar.
Below is a list of popular domain registrars and a link to their help section on managing DNS records using their service. If your domain is registered at a registrar not listed you will want to contact your registrar for assistance on managing your own DNS records.