- Visit www.1and1.com
- Click "Login" at the upper right-hand corner of your screen to sign in to your account.
- Enter your username and click "Login" underneath.
- Click the "Manage Domain" button.
- Click the "Edit DNS Settings" link under the Domain Settings icon.
- Click "Other Name Servers" under the Name Server Settings heading.
- Enter your new nameserver settings and click "Save."
- Click "Yes" to confirm and save your changes.
- Congratulations! The domain name’s nameservers have been successfully updated. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for your new nameservers to propagate and be recognized across the internet.
Updating DNS Nameserver series
1. How to update your nameservers at 1and1.com
2. This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through 1and1.com, and starts from their home page.
3. Now let’s learn how to update our domain name’s Nameserver settings
4. Click "Login" to sign in to your account.
5. Enter your domain name and password, then click Login.
6. Then click the "Manage Domain" button.
7. Click the "Edit DNS Settings" link.
8. Under "Name Server Settings", select to use "Other name servers".
9. Enter your new name server settings.
10. Click "Save" when finished.
11. Click "Yes" to confirm.
12. That’s it! The domain name’s nameservers have been updated.
13. Please note that it could take up to 24 hours for your new nameservers to propagate and be recognized across the internet.
14. This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to update your domain name’s nameserver settings at 1and1.com.
Content retrieved from: https://support.appliedi.net/kb/a1251/update-your-dns-at-1and1_com.aspx.