Since 1980 IPv4 addresses have been in risk of exhaustion and the requirements for more IP addresses have been greatly increased and enforced. Due to the nature of our services and the value of IP addressing resources in our environment, large-allocation requests can and should be fulfilled directly with ARIN (the American Registry for Internet Numbers), the official organization that governs the use of IP addressing by our company. Applied Innovations restricts the maximum number of addresses that can be assigned at any one time within a three to six month period to a single /27 (32 IP Addresses, 29 usable IP Addresses). Additional /27 allocations can be made but again must be justified and previous allocations properly utilized.
Please note, the following restrictions apply and noncompliance may result in your request being rejected and/or service suspended:
- You understand you are being allocated the use of these IP addresses for services provided by Applied Innovations. You do not own these IP Addresses and may be required to release these addresses at any time.
- Prior to being allocated additional IP addresses, you must provide justification that your existing allocation is at least 80% utilized. This will be confirmed and may result in your request being rejected.
- In the event your utilization drops below that required by ARIN, you may be requested to release your IP addresses and be assigned a smaller allocation.
- Your use of these IP addresses is to not violate our TOS and AUP agreements and any violation of these agreements may result in immediate service termination.
- Applied Innovations maintains a ZERO SPAM TOLERANCE. Frequently, large IP allocations are requested for the purpose of mass email / UCE / SPAM and these services are in direct violation of our service agreements and will not be tolerated and requests will be immediately rejected.
- In addition, Applied Innovations limits the number of Reverse DNS (rDNS) entries assigned to any single server to a maximum of 5 records.
Attached you’ll find our IP Allocation request form. Please review the instructions for this form and provide the requested information back so that we can fulfill your request. Should you have any questions or need assistance in filling out this form, please don’t hesitate to contact us, it’s our pleasure to assist you.