In order to gain access to your local files through your VPS, follow these simple steps:
1If it is the first time you connect to your VPS sharing a disk drive(s), you should now see a warning prompting to review the hostname in order to make sure you trust the computer/hostname. If this is the case, you should now tick the checkbox with the caption "Don't ask me again for remote connections to this computer" and finally click on the "Connect" button.
- On your local machine, open your "Start Menu", point to All Programs (or Programs), point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click on "Remote Desktop Connection".
- Click the "Options" button, and then click the "Local Resources" tab.
- Click on "More", expand the "Drives" option tree and select the disk drives you want to have access through your VPS.
- Once you selected the drives, click on "OK" and click on the "Connect" button to establish a connection. 1
- Once connected, click on "Computer" (Windows Server 2008) or "My Computer" (Windows Server 2003)
- Your disk drives should now appear on your VPS Drive list, under "Other" disks.