AwesomeAntispam is an advanced spam filtering service that protects your domain from 99.98% of all spam with a near zero false positive reporting history. Built on top of SpamExperts spam fighting technology AwesomeAntispam is in use by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
Automatically Filtering SPAM Messages with Outlook 2013
With the AwesomeAntispam Basic Offering, all email filtering settings are configured for you by default and there is nothing to configure. Messages that are known spam messages will be marked with [SPAM] in the subject line and you can configure a filtering rule in your email client to filter these messages to a specific folder or to the trash folder.
The instructions here are geared towards Outlook 2013. If you have a different mail client, we recommend you review your mail client's documentation or setup this filtering in SmarterMail.
Filtering Messages in Outlook 2013
- Select File | Manage Rules & Alerts. in outlook.
- Click on the New Rule button.
- Locate the "Step 1: Select a template" box.
- Under the section labeled "Start from a blank rule", select Apply rule on messages I receive.
- Click Next.
- In the "Which condition(s) do you want to check?" box,check the box with specific words in the subject.
- In the "Edit the Rule Description" box below, click on specific words.
- In the "Specify words or phrases to search for in this subject" window, type the text to sear for. In this example, you would type [SPAM].
- Click the Add button. Click OK. Click Next.
- Check the box to the left of the action you wish to perform on this message. In this example, you would check the box to the left of move it to a specified folder.
- In the "Edit the Rule Description" box below, click on specified.
- In the "Choose a folder" dialog box, select an already existing folder or create a new one.
- Click Next at the "Are there any exceptions?" box.
- Specify a name for this filter. It does not matter what you call it. This is just so you can tell it apart from other filters you may create. Make certain that the box to the left ofTurn on this rule is checked.
- Click Finish | OK.
Automatically Filtering SPAM Messages in SmarterMail
It's also possible to configure SPAM messages to be deleted automatically in SmarterMail.
- Log into Smartermail as a domain administrator and select the "Settings" menu.
- Expand "Filtering" and select "Content Filtering".
- Click on "New" to add a new content filter using the wizard.
- Check the check box next to "Subject" and click on "Next" at the top.
- In the text box enter [SPAM]
- then click "Next"
- For Name, enter the Name as "Delete SPAM Messages"
- Check the checkbox next to "Delete Message" so that all messages tagged spam will be automatically deleted.
- Click SAVE.
This way all messages are automatically deleted that are tagged as spam. As an alternative you could have these messages moved to another folder but then you would need to manually delete that folder as it will consume diskspace against your email quota and could cause your domain to reject email for being over quota.
If you prefer this setting can also be made at the user level and not at the domain level by instructing your users to log into their smartermail web mail interface at http://mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your actual domain).