If you have a cloud server or webpanel account you can install DNN from Web Platform Installer or the Gallery.
For HELM shared hosting accounts, below are the steps for a manual installation:
- First you need to be sure you have a hosting plan with an MS SQL database that you created in your control panel http://control.appliedi.net
- Second you need to download the latest version of DNN at http://dotnetnuke.com and extract all the files to a folder on your PC, then upload the content to the /wwwroot of your website. If you need any help with this, please search for articles about FTP.
- Next, point your web browser to the install directory, like this example: yourdomain.com/Install/InstallWizard.aspx
- This article will choose the custom install option, but you can also use the others and click Next.
- When you get to the database information page, you need to select the SQL server radio button, and not the SQL Express option. Then you need to uncheck "integrated security" so you can input your database info properly. Click "Test Database Connection" and upon success, click next.
- The next page installs some DNN database scripts for DB connections. Upon success, click Next.
- Set up your Super User and Administrator accounts with a very difficult password combination.
- Select the modules you want installed. Checking all of the boxes is a good idea, as there’s no harm in installing un-used modules.
- The rest of the installation should be easy enough. When you’ve finished the DNN site should look something like this: http://dotnetnuke.com.mytempweb.com/Default.aspx
Content retrieved from: https://support.appliedi.net/kb/a437/how-to-manually-install-dnn-for-helm-shared-hosting-users.aspx.