Before installing BVCommerce 5:
- You’ll need to purchase BVC5 from http://BVCommerce.com and get a BV_License.lic file from them.
- Run the installer which installs the site manager on your computer.
- Log into your control panel and navigate to the "Website Settings" page https://control.appliedi.net/ and make certain you have ASP.net 2.0 running.
- In your control panel, make sure you’ve created an FTP account in the FTP Accounts.
- Make sure you’ve created a MS SQL 2005 database within the database manager.
Run the BVC5 site manager (Click start > programs > BVSoftware , run the program and click "Create new Store"
- Name the store whatever you want for you to identify it in BV Site Manager
- Browse to where you saved the BV_License.lic file.
- Select the "Create a Site by FTP" radio button
- Type in your FTP address (example: ftp.mydomain.com – but you might need to use your IP address listed in FTP Accounts in the control panel if you haven’t yet pointed your domain name to our servers). FTP user/pass as created in your control panel at https://control.appliedi.net/ Path needs to be default "/wwwroot"
- Regular URL (ex: http://mydomain.com). Secure url is either your shared SSL path as listed in the control panel (example: https://securesite04.appliedi.net/mydomain-com ), or if you purchased an SSL cert and installed it, it would be https://mydomain.com
- SQL2005 Server is your server listed in "Database Manager" in your control panel https://control.appliedi.net/ (example: sql2k5a.appliedi.net)
- Database name, username and password are also all listed in "Database Manager"
- Click Start. Click yes if it asks to install the database over the recently created empty database. If there’s no errors, it will install BVC5 successfully and automatically load the /BVAdmin login page. Username Admin / Password: Password.
- This will take about a minute the first time it loads and might not work the first time. If you get any sort of ASP.net error referencing the web.config, then there’s one more step.
- You’ll need to connect to your site via FTP (you can click start > run > type "explorer" hit enter, in the address bar ftp://mydomain.com and login with your FTP account.) You need to edit the web.config file. Locate the "Connection strings" and use this example:
<add name="Bvc5Database" connectionString="Server=sql2k5a.appliedi.net;Database=mydomain_com;uid=mydomain;pwd=XXXXX"/>
Change the database to your domain, and the uid/password to whatever is listed as the db username/pass in "Database Manager" in your control panel. That should be all you need to access your new store’s /bvadmin with default username/password of admin/password.