This video demonstrates how to update your nameservers at HostGator.
Who is this video for?: If you have a domain name registered through HostGator.com (the domain provider), and want to update nameservers, this video will show you how to.
1. Visit www.HostGator.com
2. Click the "Domains" link across the top of the page.
3. Then click "Manage Domains."
4. Enter your email address and password, then click "LOG IN."
5. Select the domain you wish to manage.
6. Click "Change" under the Name Servers subheading.
7. Enter your new Name Servers, then click "Save New Name Servers."
8. Congratulations! The domain name's nameservers have been successfully updated. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for your new nameservers to propagate and be recognized across the internet.
Updating DNS Nameserver series
7. How to update your nameservers at GoDaddy.com
This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through GoDaddy.com, and starts from the godaddy.com home page
Now let's learn how to update our domain name's Nameserver settings
Click here and login to your GoDaddy.com account.
You are now logged in to your GoDaddy account.
Then click the "Manage" button for the domain you wish to manage.
Here you can see the current nameserver settings for this domain name... and it's these settings that we're going to change.
Click the "Manage" link.
Then select the "Custom" option.
Click "Enter custom nameservers"...
... then enter your new nameservers
When finished, click "OK".
Then click "Save".
That's it! The new Nameserver settings have been submitted.
After a few moments, you'll notice your new nameservers listed here.
Please note that it could take up to 24 hours for your new nameservers to propagate and be recognized across the internet.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to update our domain name's nameserver settings at GoDaddy.com.